CLI occasionally blocks if wearing apple watch

Rotendahl
Rotendahl
Community Member

Hi!
I'm using the 1password CLI to sign commits and mange my ssh key for github.

Sometimes when I do "git pull" and the CLI is trigged it will not prompt me to sign in with touchId.
Giving the error:

$ git pull origin master

error: agent returned an error

I can get around this by removing my apple watch and then the 1password app (not cli) will ask for access to the key.

This is driving me nuts, but providing much joy to my colleagues each time I have to remove my watch to commit.

Anybody else having the same issue?

CLI version: 2.13.1

1Password Version: 80915001
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 13.1
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Rotendahl:

Are both Touch ID and Apple Watch enabled to unlock 1Password? Use Touch ID to unlock 1Password on your Mac

Additionally, are both Touch ID and Apple Watch enabled to unlock your Mac? Let me know.

Jack

• Rotendahl
    Rotendahl
    Community Member

Hi.
    Both my watch and TouchId can unlock both 1Password and my computer.
    I've tried to disable the ability for my watch to unlock 1password, but it did not help

• bkeepers
    bkeepers
    Community Member

I was having the same issue where it would return an error if I was wearing my watch. I did not have Apple Watch enabled in 1Password, but I did have it enabled in System Settings > Touch ID & Password. I turned it off and back on again in System Settings and everything is working fine now.

• Hi @Rotendahl:

Are you still running into trouble? If so, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/138004/cli-occasionally-blocks-if-wearing-apple-watch#latest
    • Your forum username: Rotendahl

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here.  Thanks very much!

@bkeepers:

Glad to hear it!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.