v8.10.0 = the return of 1Password! Thank you and goodbye 1P 7.

Ivan_K
Ivan_K
Community Member

Thank you Team 1Password for the wonderful Valentines present to all of us in the form of 1Password v8.10.0.

This release marks a huge milestone and great achievement, that many thought was not possible.

Today I have moved to v8 on all my devices. v7 will stay in my heart, so as 1P mini, but they will not be missed.

You really did pull this off.

This is an example that nothing is impossible when you have enough dedication, resources, time and love invested into your creation.

Are there still things to be improved in v8, some smaller bits that "are not there yet"? Sure.

Is it finally the time to move to v7 if you've been on the fence? You decide.

In my book, "The Big Beta" of v8 beautifully ended on 14.02.2023.

Thanks to all who made this release possible. It's been a long way.

Welcome back, 1Password!

1Password Version: 8.10.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• @Ivan_K

You're making us blush. That said, we're not resting where we are. Stay tuned for more exciting things to come in the future.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

I also want to say Thank You all at 1Password for your efforts and hard work. Although it was not easy in the last month, you did it ... 👍

I'm looking forward to the next updates and feature that will get it into 1Password. 😉

• viswiz
    viswiz
    Community Member

1PW8 got better since its release and it has many unique features. Congratulations for that. But to be honest it shouldn't have been called release about 1 1/2 years ago as it was more a very early beta release.
    Many problems were solved but a major showstopper still isn't fixed: the totally unusable, broken search UI. Of course it depends on how you use 1PW. But for someone like me who heavily relies on search 1PW8 is barely usable. So please, get rid of the popup, the relevance filtering and the extra shortcut or better just restore the search UI of previous 1PW versions, i.e. search as type and show all results immediatly inline in the middle column. Until this isn't fixed I'll stay on 1PW7 even though I miss features like the ssh Agent and great cli support.

• @DenalB

Thank you for the kind words. 😊

@viswiz

Thank you for the feedback! I see that my colleague has already passed along your suggestions regarding search to our product team in another thread.

-Dave

• ordinarybeef
    ordinarybeef
    Community Member

Uhmmm so don't mind me asking then - what changed in .10 that made you post this? Looks the same as always to me

Is the iOS version finally able to open the items that I want to open, and the edit button no longer disappearing?

• @ordinarybeef

You can find a list of new features and changes that were introduced with version 8.10.0 of the desktop app in our release notes:

If you're running into an issue using 1Password for iOS then please create a new thread in the iOS category so that we can investigate further.

Since this post refers to an update that has since been succeeded by newer updates, and so that the original poster isn't pinged by notifications in the future from responses to an old post, I'm closing this thread. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.