1 Password for Safari not working right in my opinion

jmbreitigan
jmbreitigan
Community Member
edited February 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

When I click on the I Password icon the menus bar in Safari the main I Password dialogue box opens and I enter my password & I then click on enter the box goes away I assume I am good to go, BUT I have to check on open on another dialogue box that I assume is connected to the 1 Password extension. There was a time when I did not have to do the extra step. Can you help me. Seems like I should not have to do both of these steps.

1Password Version: 8.10.0
Extension Version: 2.7.0
OS Version: Mac OS 13.2.1
Browser:_ Safari version 16.3

Comments

• Hey @jmbreitigan,

Can you possibly send me a screenshot of the second dialogue box you are referring to so I can fully understand and best advise?

Please be mindful to mask any personal information before doing so.

Thanks!

• jmbreitigan
    jmbreitigan
    Community Member

Here is a screenshoot of both dialogue boxes. I enter my password on the right one and it goes away. Then I have to click on open 1 password so I can use the extension.

• Hey @jmbreitigan,

I'm so sorry for the delayed response. You are right, I have done some testing and the additional click required to 'Open 1Password' isn't necessary and it appears this only happens in Safari and not other browsers.

I have filed an issue with our developers to take a look into this, thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with!

ref: dev/core/core#20236

• jmbreitigan
    jmbreitigan
    Community Member

Thank you for the explanation. Much appreciated.

• You're welcome @jmbreitigan, have a great weekend!

This discussion has been closed.