Feature Request: Assign Names to IP Addresses

Options

I would like the ability to assign custom names to IP addresses and then have those custom names show up in brackets in the Activity Log and anywhere else the IP address is displayed in 1Password (including e-mails). For example, I would like to see something like the text in bold in the following hypothetical Activity Log:

• Activity

• Yellow Vista authorized their own device
  • Date

• 2023-02-15 at 9:01:55 AM
  • Actor

• Yellow Vista
  • IP Address

• 123.45.678.90 [Downtown Office]
  • Activity

• Blue Vista delegated a new session
  • Date

• 2023-02-14 at 4:03:55 PM
  • Actor

• Blue Vista
  • IP Address

• 987.654.321.0 [Metropolis Office]

I'd also like to see the same information on the page where we can review and confirm people to join the business team and in the e-mails 1Password sends when someone creates an account or when some activity is taken.

This would probably make sense to add to the Firewall section. We have created rules expressly allowing the IP addresses of our various business locations. It would be a sensible place to be able to name those IP addresses.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• ag_max
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hi @YellowVista,

This is a very creative idea and sensible improvement to consider adding to Firewall rules. I'll go ahead and share this with the rest of the team for consideration. I can definitely see the value in providing these customization options, and I appreciate the example Activity Log scenarios you took the time to create demonstrating this.

ref: pb-33127137

This discussion has been closed.