Requesting window borders. Please!

Options
Netpog
Netpog
Community Member

1Password's white window has no border, in defiance of Microsoft's various UX & UI guides, and of best practices for usability and accessibility.

This presents a constant annoyance at best, and an ADA-hostile visual-processing challenge at worst. It regularly takes significant effort to know which app I'm clicking on when 1Password is atop a white background. Thus, I'm regularly foregrounding the wrong application, or even closing the wrong one.

I'd include a screenshot, but I can't do better than this one, posted by @toybuilder atop this May 2022 thread.

BTW, the problem remains after "High Contrast Mode" is enabled via Windows accessibility, except that now it's a black window with an invisible border against a black background.

Note that the 1Password browser extension DOES give a border. It might be a non-standard shadow effect, and it too might ignore all O/S customizations, but I'm grateful for it.

1Password Version: All, including beta
Extension Version: 2.7.0
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Browser:_ Edge

Comments

• Hello @Netpog,

Thanks for your message and sorry for the delay in response. I appreciate you reporting these details and that you are also seeing troubles while using Windows High Contrast Mode.

The team suspects that the use of a custom title bar is causing some troubles here and are looking to see where improvements can be made. I've sent your feedback along.

ref: 31128468
    ref: dev/core/core#17408

This discussion has been closed.