New password not being suggested or generated when in password field on a reset form

I could have sworn 1Password used to suggest a password when a password field has focus on a web form?

I was re-setting a password and had no prompts to generate a password when the password form field was active. See attached screenshots showing what options I had.

Instead I had to go out to the app and create a new item there, generate a password for that item and then copy paste it back into the form.

1Password Version: 8.9.15
Extension Version: 2.7.0
OS Version: 13.0.1
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hey @infoarts,

You're right, 1Password should be suggesting a password in those fields. Can you send me a link to the website so I can take a look and file an issue with our development team?

Thank you!

• infoarts
    infoarts
    Community Member

It's on a password reset form which is only accessible after requesting a reset so there's no static page to actually link to. But the link is here but might expire...

https://tommorrison.uk/password/reset/fa9334d7944e43d14687f190a4a0fae2c62388ffd0835e4ad9e84d9acf00a6bd?email=richard@infoarts.com.au

• Hey @infoarts

I'm sorry for the delayed response.

Understood, could you collect the page structure for us instead so I can pass this straight on to our developers? Here's how:

1. Navigate to the page with the filling issue.
    2. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar.
    3. Click Help and choose Collect Page Structure.
    4. 1Password will save a .json file to your "Downloads" folder.
    5. Attach the downloaded .json file and email address to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thank you in advance!

This discussion has been closed.