Vault Sidebar - Laggy Scrolling

Options
bensteele
bensteele
Community Member

Since the 8.10 update, scrolling through the vaults in the sidebar of the Windows app is very laggy, almost to the point of it being unusable. Admittedly we have quite a few vaults, but this wasn't happening on 8.9. We have confirmed this on multiple machines with the same list of vaults. Works fine on 8.9, lags on 8.10.

Anyone else got the same issue?

1Password Version: 8.10.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11 (22H2)
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• adamtyreman
    adamtyreman
    Community Member
    Options

I am also seeing the same issue!

• ag_mike_d
    edited February 2023
    Options

Hello @bensteele and @adamtyreman,

Thanks for your reports. I'm sorry to hear of the performance issues you are experiencing when scrolling through the sidebar since the recent update of 1Password 8.

Could you let us know if this seems to be related to the entire sidebar, such as when vaults or tags are not collapsed? If you collapse the list of vaults, do things return to normal immediately when scrolling through the sidebar? Please let us know approximately how many vaults you each have so we can pass these details along to the team for further investigation.

Also is this present only on Windows desktop apps? Do you have any other devices where you seeing this behaviour, such as mobile devices or Mac/Linux?

Looking forward to your reply.

• adamtyreman
    adamtyreman
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mike,

Thanks for getting back to us!

• Looks like it is in fact the entire sidebar. We are seeing lag when scrawling through tags with the vaults collapsed.
    • We have around 178 Vaults with varying numbers of entries in each.
    • Lag appears on all of our windows based computers running the 1Password 8 App. I have tested it on my iPhone with no issues there.
    • I don't currently have a Mac on me that I can test the app on so wouldn't be able to say if the issue persists on MacOS.
    • I have no issues scrolling through the all items section that shows all the entries in all of the vaults its just with the sidebar
  • Thanks for the reply and providing these details, @adamtyreman!

I've filed this issue with our development team for further investigation.

ref: dev/core/core#20199

• David45
    David45
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,

Just wanted to contribute that we have this issue as well (big lag on scrolling the sidebar) on windows.

The scrolling lag does not exist on Mac, only on Windows.

David

• ag_mike_d
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hello @David45,

Thanks for weighing in and reporting that you are also seeing some lag when scrolling the sidebar in 1Password 8 for Windows. I've passed this report along to the team.

In the meantime, could you let me know if you have a similarly large amount of vaults (and/or tags) in the sidebar? Did you notice this behaviour recently, such as after any particular updates to 1Password or have you always seen this?

Looking forward to your reply.

• PEterVanGda
    PEterVanGda
    Community Member
    Options

Same on Ubuntu22.04+Windows10+Windows11

• David45
    David45
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply. Yes this happens with a large number of vaults. Can't say exactly how much because 1password does not give me a count but i think its over 200

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @PEterVanGda, thanks for your report! I'm sorry to hear that you're running into this issue on Windows 10, 11, and Ubuntu. I've added your case to the issue on file. Could you let us know whether you have a similarly large number of vaults or tags?

Thanks for getting back to us with this information @David45 - I've added this to the issue on file 😄

• PEterVanGda
    PEterVanGda
    Community Member
    Options

yes @1P_Gem, about 150-200 vaults.

Best,
    Pierre

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @PEterVanGda, thanks for your response! I've added these details to the issue on file as well 🙂

This discussion has been closed.