Have to unlock 1P several times

Options
jasimon9
jasimon9
Community Member

For a while it was working that you unlock 1P, and it stays unlocked for other browsers. Recently I have to open it separately for the desktop app, and for each browser. I am guessing that you changed a setting, and the default is now "unlock 1P separately for each application", or something like that. I have looked for such a setting but cannot find it.

What's going on.

1Password Version: 8.10.0
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: 12.6
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• @Jamison9

I'd recommend updating 1Password in the browser in all of the browsers you use. 2.7.0 is the latest version available. Also, if you're using 12.6 I'd recommend also updating macOS to 12.6.3, and then restart the device. If you have trouble with the connection then you might try the following.

1. Turn off - 1Password > Preferences (Settings) > Browser: Connect with 1Password in the browser
    2. Right-click on the browser toolbar icon, selecting Settings (General Tab) and then disable Integrate with 1Password app.
    3. Quit the browser completely! A full quit, not a close or minimize to the dock.
    4. Quit 1Password. While looking at the main window (locked or unlocked)
      • Press Command and Q 1Password should lock and close.
    5. Wait a few seconds and then open 1Password from the Dock or the Applications folder and unlock.
    6. Turn On - 1Password > Preferences (Settings) > Browser: Connect with 1Password in the browser
    7. Open your browser.
    8. Right-click on the browser toolbar icon, selecting Settings (General Tab) and then enable Integrate with 1Password app.
  • jasimon9
    jasimon9
    Community Member
    Options

I just checked the versions in both Safari and Chrome, and in fact they are at 2.7. I don't know why it appears to be 2.5.1 when I posted this question. I am updating macOS. Not having connection, issues per se. Just have to login for each app and browser separately, whereas recently a single login covered all of them.

• @jasimon9

Thank you for the update. Let us know if you still see the issue after updating macOS and trying Tommy's steps and we can help further. 🙂

-Dave

• jasimon9
    jasimon9
    Community Member
    Options

I finally updated to 1Password 8 on my phone. Been on 8 for a while on the desktop. This issue seems to be better now, but I am not sure yet it if has been completely corrected. Will update further if there are issues.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@jasimon9

Thank you for the update. If you do run into the issue again, and if Tommy's steps don't help, then please let us know and we'll be happy to help further. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.