National Geographic broken with 1Password

Options

1Password recognizes the login prompt but clicking on it does nothing to fill in the login name. Manually entering the login name and progressing to the password field has the same issue. URL is simply www.nationalgeographic.com.

From a search @jxpx777 seemed to have fixed an old issue back in 2016.

1Password Version: 8.x
Extension Version: 2.6.0
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ Firefox

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @laugher, there is a known issue with filling on nationalgeographic.com. This happens because the website uses a focus trap on their input fields, which makes it so that the 1Password inline menu doesn't work correctly. Our developers working hard to resolve this, and we do apologize for any inconvenience caused.

For now, we would recommend using the following workaround to fill on nationalgeographic.com:

1. Navigate to login form.
    2. Click on the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar.
    3. Locate your login and select Autofill.

I hope that helps until there is a better solution. Let us know if you have any other questions!

ref: dev/core/core#1088

• laugher
    laugher
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Joy_1P

Thank you. I'll be eagerly awaiting the fix in the upcoming release.

As for your suggested workaround, autofill does not work even when I click on the 1Password icon in my browser's toolbar. The only way I am using 1Password to fill in the login prompt is to copy and paste the login ID and password.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@laugher I can't make any promises on when there will be a fix for filling on the National Geographic website, but our developers are aware of the issue and hopefully they will be able to address in the future.

As for the workaround, I can confirm that it works for me. I am able to fill my login by clicking on the 1Password icon in my browser's toolbar. Here's a video: https://share.cleanshot.com/mySkx27g

Did you want to manually save a new login for the website and see if that will fill from the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar ? Here's how to manually save a login: https://support.1password.com/save-login-manually/

Let us know how that goes.

• laugher
    laugher
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Joy_1P - manually saving it worked.

Not sure if this has been asked and perhaps this need to go into a new thread/topic in another channel and if it does, let me know. Does 1Password 8 come with a completely new engine? It seems to be a little more broken than previous major versions. i.e. v7 and prior.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2023
    Options

@laugher I'm glad that manually saving the login helped.

Not sure if this has been asked and perhaps this need to go into a new thread/topic in another channel and if it does, let me know. Does 1Password 8 come with a completely new engine? It seems to be a little more broken than previous major versions. i.e. v7 and prior.

1Password 8 is the best version of our app. It's faster, more robust, and more intuitive than anything we've released in the past. That said, there are certainly ways in which 1Password 8 can be improved. If you have feedback, or if you encounter any other unexpected behaviors, please let us know.

As a note, the filling issue on the National Geographic website has to do more with the extension than the 1Password 8 app. Unfortunately, the extension doesn't work well with websites that utilize focus traps. We are tracking all these websites. Our developers actively looking for a solution that will provide for a better experience.

If you run into any other filling issues at all, please let us know. We are happy to investigate and troubleshoot. We can also report the behavior and website to our developers if needed.

This discussion has been closed.