window size and position not saved

Options
bradipo
bradipo
Community Member

the size and position of my 1Password main window is not always saved.
sometimes it happens after I quit the app and reopen it (a simple command-Q).
sometime after a restart.
can this be fixed? it's very frustrating.
thanks

1Password Version: 8.10.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.6.2
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• arostad
    arostad
    Community Member
    Options

this has been pretty much my only gripe with 1password 8 for mac but it literally makes me want to pull my hair out because it happens EVERY TIME i change screen resolutions (to and from my dock or vice versa). i feel like it could be solved by adding button to default the current window size?

• bradipo
    bradipo
    Community Member
    Options

So no one from the support team can give an answer about this?
    looking around in the forum, it seems a common problem for many

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2023
    Options

@bradipo

Off-hand I've seen this when changing monitors as in a removal or add on. I believe we do have an open issue for this behavior, though I can't know for sure on your setup or cause. If you'd like us to look into it in more detail please create a diagnostics report from your device.

1. Open 1Password.
    2. Press command and comma. The 1Password preferences will open.
    3. Tap Advanced.
    4. Click Send Diagnostics.
    5. Click Reveal to locate the report in your downloads folder.

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

• Your forum username: bradipo
    • A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/138085/window-size-and-position-not-saved#latest

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.