Automatically fill in email address / phone number

Hey,

i am still quite new to 1Password but however, I have the problem that I do not know how to set 1Password to fill in my email address or my phone number in forms.
In my identity I have added the e-mail address, but it is never suggested to fill it in.

I have also already tried it in several browsers.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hi @calledjustin, what is the link to the form from your screenshot? Additionally, could you let us know if you have your phone number added to your Identity item?

• calledjustin
    calledjustin
    Community Member

Hey @Joy_1P, yes I have my phone number in my identity too, I'll attach a screenshot.
    The link in the attachment was only an example, but I have tried it in many online stores, but nowhere the mail address or the phone number is suggested.

• Hi @calledjustin !

If you click on the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar while on the site, are you able to click an "Autofill" button for this Identity item and fill the details successfully?

If not, can you confirm if you're able to fill your Identity item on our test site? Here's how you can do this:

1. Navigate to this site: https://fill.dev/form/identity-simple
    2. Click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar.
    3. Search for your Identity item, then select it.
    4. In the your Identity item's details, click the "Autofill" button.

Let us know how things come along.

• calledjustin
    calledjustin
    Community Member

Hey @""david.m_1P"

Yes when I go to your test side and click on the 1password extension icon and click on the autofill button its only filling my first and my last name, however, neither my e-mail address, my phone number or my address.

When I click on the individual fields, I get my identity suggested for "Street address", "City" and "Zip" each time, but when I then click on them, only the first and last name fields are filled in.

On the other hand, when I try to click on the individual fields in Firefox instead of Chrome, I don't get the suggestion to insert anything in any of the fields.

Do I have to pay attention to anything special when creating the identity?

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@calledjustin hmm when did you create your Identity item? Do things work if you create a new item and fill our test form? I've seen that very old Identity items do not particularly fill well, so I'd like to check on that here.

Additionally, do the names of the fields in your Identity item match exactly with the names of the fields on our test form in the browser? I'm asking to see if there's a language or syntax issue at play here. Please let us know!

• calledjustin
    calledjustin
    Community Member

@Joy_1P sorry for my late reply.

I have now recreated the identity again and also reinstalled the Chrome extension again.
    When I go to the test form and click in the City, Zip or Country field and then click on the 1Password icon, the whole form is filled out completely, so that works great now.

However, when I press into the name fields or the phone field at the top, nothing is suggested, so I don't even see the 1Password icon there.

So to fill in I have to either go into an address field or press fill in at the top of the extension.

And unfortunately the mail address is not filled in either.
    Of course it would be more intuitive if it would go completely, but that's okay.

I have tried it with both German and English forms, it was always the same result.

• Hey @calledjustin,

This is expected behaviour, the inline menu you will show for address or email address fields but for other details saved in your identity item such as your name or phone number you will need to fill these by clicking on the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar followed by the autofill button.

The reason for this is because if 1Password were to offer to fill every field on every page it could become too intrusive so instead we leave the user to choose to fill these fields.

I hope this helps, let us know if you have any questions.

• calledjustin
    calledjustin
    Community Member

Yes that helps me, so far it works now yes.
    Thanks a lot! :)

• @calledjustin,

You're welcome, have a great week!

This discussion has been closed.