v8.10 is often unresponsive

Options
LarryMcJ
LarryMcJ
Community Member

As much as I love 8.10, it has a very reproducible problem. 8-10 time a day it will just stop after tapping any one is the menu categorizes. No defined action causes this, it just happens. Screenshot attached.

Comments

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

Boy, autocorrect butchered that post…should have proofed it. Should be as follows.

As much as I love 8.10, it has a very reproducible problem. 8-10 times a day it will just stop after tapping any one of the menu categories. No defined action causes this, it just happens. Screenshot attached.

• kevinosinski
    kevinosinski
    Community Member
    Options

I am also seeing this, but only on my iPad, not my iPhone. The spinner never seems to stop, but clicking amongst various categories will sometimes clear it up.

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

Same thing works for me to clear it, or a quick restart of the app.

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2023
    Options

@kevinosinski

We believe we've got reproducible steps for this behavior. One of my colleagues found those steps and once I followed those I could reproduce the spinner on my iPad.

ref: dev/core/core#20220

• @LarryMcJ

I've not seen this on the phone. Have you noticed anything else detail wise? Interestingly, I was able to reproduce the results on a 11" iPad but not a mini. We've got that one filed. It's very possible the root cause is the same.

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, ag_tommy! It's not a big deal...and I'm sure an eventual update will fix it.

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

No...I have not noticed any other particulars, other than frequency of occurrence seems to be about one out of every 4-5 times. It's not consistent.

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2023
    Options

@LarryMcJ

I was out this evening on an errand and experienced this on my phone. I instantly thought, oh no, I spoke too soon. 😆 It came and went just like you described. Thanks for the diligent reporting.

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

My pleasure. Perfection is an iterative process, and along the way, "stuff happens" 🙂

• Thank you again for reporting the issue. 🙂

-Dave

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

This one is still happening, and from the reviews I'm reading, I'm not alone. The only fix is to close and restart 1Password on my iPhone, and even then it often doesn't work, requiring a restart of the phone.

• Dave_1P
    edited April 2023
    Options

@LarryMcJ

Our developers are still working on the issue that Tommy mentioned and I'm sorry for the inconvenience. If you tap on another page (such as Home) and then go back to the Items page will that allow you to view your items without restarting either the app or your iPhone? You mentioned that this previously worked to get the app back in a good state on February 22nd.

-Dave

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

I usually try that first, and most of the time it works. Other times, I have to either restart the app or my phone. Guessing, I’d say I only have to restart it once or twice a week to fix this.

• @LarryMcJ

Thank you for your patience. This issue is still in our developer's backlog to address and I encourage you to keep 1Password updated so that you get the fix as soon as it's available: How to keep 1Password up to date

-Dave

• eanderso252
    eanderso252
    Community Member
    Options

Yesterday I was rotating passwords using an iPad and saw this pretty often (v8.10.4). Restarting the app or cycling through menu's got it working again. I was using the 1Password app (1P) along with the Safari extension.

1. Open 1P, find record, and open associated website.
    2. On website, find location to change password, change the password, and update the record when prompted by 1P.
    3. Logout of website and return to 1P to repeat #1 (verify the update was working).

I was cycling through passwords pretty quickly so can't say definitively there is a pattern but saw the following on more than 1 occasion:

1. The password was changed in the extension (dropdown) but not reflected in the 1P app
    2. In 1P app the vault list hung with spinner (like description of this incident).

I'll try to narrow down the steps. Maybe some interaction between the extension and the app (wild guess).

• @eanderso252

Thank you for the detailed testing information, I've passed it along to our developers. 🙂

-Dave

• kvozel
    kvozel
    Community Member
    Options

Is there any progress on this topic?

• @kvozel

Thank you for following up. One user has reported that they're no longer seeing the issue on the latest version (8.10.4) however our developers still have this in their backlog as an issue to fix in a future update.

-Dave

• kvozel
    kvozel
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Dave.

• Hopefully our developers will get this fixed as soon as possible. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.