Edit jumps to the wrong entry

Options
2»

Comments

• Thanks folks I'll get you added to the issue. Once again my apologies.

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2023
    Options

@olivare

What if you edited the wrong username field or the wrong security questions?

Please use the previous version item history feature on 1Password.com. 👀 💾 View and restore previous versions of items You should be able to look at previous saves to find the needed data.

• wrathfulcoot
    wrathfulcoot
    Community Member
    Options

I am also be affected by this bug (or collection of bugs) as reported by other users in this thread. Please add me to the affected users list with thanks.

• Done!

• AphaG
    AphaG
    Community Member
    Options

You need to fix this basic bug as high priority. A lot of users, myself included, are switching from lastpass and editing many passwords to be faced with this error in programming. On every password entry.

• @AphaG

What may appear to be a straightforward fix is not always the case. The team is working on a resolution. My apologies for the trouble. I hope they can get a resolution into your hands as soon as possible.

• I'm sorry for the frustration and inconvenience. The team is internally testing code that will fix the issue and we plan to release the fix in a future update as soon as testing is complete.

-Dave

• Rene123
    Rene123
    Community Member
    Options

This is very annoying. I just added a PIN to an entry that I opened. When I saved it - it saved it to another entry...! Thankfully I spotted the name of that entry, and was able to manually delete, and correct the issue.

Please fix a.s.a.p. - thanks!

• @Rene123

I've let our developers know that you're also affected. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

-Dave

• Correct, the team are still working with several issues. My apologies for the wait, we'll try to get this resolved as quickly as possible.

• Thank you for your patience and for the feedback. As Tommy mentioned, the team is working on this and we plan to release a fix as soon as possible.

-Dave

• themtthw
    themtthw
    Community Member
    Options

Can I be added to lists of users to alert when this is fixed? For now I will be cancelling auto renew on my family plan and moving to Bitwarden. I can’t go multiple months with an unfixed Critical bug in software I pay $60/year for

• r3r344r4
    r3r344r4
    Community Member
    Options

I share the frustration here, but badgering the team isn’t going to help - I’m sure they’re trying to do their best to fix the bug. Let’s show them some kindness.

That said, downgrading to version 7 was seamless (just delete 8 and install 7 from the App Store by going into your past purchases). I highly recommend it - it has resolved pretty much every frustration that emerged after I upgraded to 8.

My ask of the 1Password team - please stop evangelizing version 8 adoption as the only path forward. I have seen your team engage on many issues with the position that removed features are actually pending features because of the rewrite, or that bug fixes that didn’t exist in 7 would be resolved in the future so the user should make sure to update. This isn’t practical or reasonable. If a valuable feature was in 7 but not in 8 or a bug in some critical functionality exists in 8, not 7, the version 7 is the best solution. It doesn’t matter to the user whether you rewrite your code base or not - as far as we are concerned, value that we had in one version was removed in the next, and we continue to pay the same money. Instead of ramping down the pressure by extending the development life of your stable product version, you are simply increasing pressure on yourselves on your rewrite by so aggressively pushing for users to upgrade with threat of no further development on 7. Please reconsider your position. I intend to wait a long while for these bugs to be fixed before I try version 8 again. It would be great to know that your team recognizes the several significant gaps by giving version 7 more life while you work to close those gaps.

• @themtthw

I'm sorry that you're also affected by the issue. I've let our developers know and set a reminder to update this thread once an update with a fix is released. 🙂

@WorldIRC

I've passed along your comments to the team.

@r3r344r4

Thank you for the feedback and patience. 1Password 8 is the future and we're no longer working on 1Password 7. Our developers are actively working to resolve this issue and to bring further improvements and features to 1Password 8: Building a Better, More Useful 1Password

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#20238

• r3r344r4
    r3r344r4
    Community Member
    edited April 2023
    Options

Unfortunately, I don’t share that position. However I wish you the best in catching up to the version 7 level of stability and functionality eventually. I’ll need that to happen for me to stay with 1Password. I can’t help but ask - if the team can’t handle the implementation of extremely fundamental behaviors like editing of a password entry with reliability (which works perfectly well in the previous version 7!), can I really trust them to implement and maintain the advanced encryption required to safeguard my most critical data?

In fact we use 1Password at my mid-sized engineering organization and even at work, upgrading to 1Password 8 has been restricted until reliability is improved!

• @WorldIRC

I'm not a developer myself but different issues will require more or less time to resolve depending on the complexity of the issue and the amount of development work and QA testing that is required. Sometimes a fix will be developed and then need to be scrapped because we've found that it introduced new issues during testing.

If you'd like access to the latest features and fixes faster then using the beta is an option: Use 1Password beta releases We're currently testing a fix for this issue in the latest beta update. While I believe that the beta is full at the moment space does open up now and then. Once our tests have confirmed that the fix fully resolves the issue and is stable it will then be included in an update to the production version of 1Password for iOS on the App Store.

We'll look into the thread issue.

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.