Website requires remembering code for future use but 1Password's Save Login does not recognize

Options

I cannot figure out which templates to use under circumstances which do not trigger 1Password's Save menu. Also, today I have repeatedly been told that the save menu cannot save the item and I have to enter the info manually into the my.1Password website.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.7.0
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Brave
Referrer: forum-search:Website requires remembering code for future use but 1Password's Save Login does not recognize

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Shewmaker! 1Password makes suggestions to save and fill based on what it can gather about the fields on a website. If 1Password does not make a suggestion where there should be a suggestion, please let us know!

Website requires remembering code for future use but 1Password's Save Login does not recognize

What is the URL to this website? I can check on it and see what we can do.

Also, today I have repeatedly been told that the save menu cannot save the item and I have to enter the info manually into the my.1Password website.

Did you try to save the login via the inline menu like this? If yes, and you get the "unable to save item" error, please try the following to re-sync your account:

1. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    2. Under General, disable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    3. Under Accounts & Vaults, sign out of your account.
    4. Sign back into your account.

Let us know how that goes.

• Shewmaker
    Shewmaker
    Community Member
    Options

It was on the ssa.gov website when applying for benefits.

• @Shewmaker

Ddi you get a change to try @Joy_1P other suggestions?

• Shewmaker
    Shewmaker
    Community Member
    Options

I received an email from a 1Password employee confirming that an outage had existed. My 1Password account on the other matters is working correctly. The matter to which I responded last night may be limited to only one website and the way it is structured.

• Hey @Shewmaker,

Could you send over the Support ID so we can investigate?

Thanks!

• Shewmaker
    Shewmaker
    Community Member
    Options

First, I don't know what you mean by "Support ID."

Second, since one only applies for medicare once—and since my application was approved—its unlikely that I will be visiting that website again for at least 5 years.

• Shewmaker
    Shewmaker
    Community Member
    Options

If you were referring to the email that confirmed that an outage had existed it was sent by Sean Philips and had [#ETU-76617-616] in the subject line.

Not sure why that would help you but if it does, great.

• Hey @Shewmaker,

Thank you for getting back to us, if you face the 'Unable to save' message again could you give the steps as provided by Joy a try:

1. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    2. Under General, disable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    3. Under Accounts & Vaults, sign out of your account.
    4. Sign back into your account.

I hope things are smooth sailing from here on but please let us know if you run into any further issues!

• Shewmaker
    Shewmaker
    Community Member
    Options

Tunnelbear seems to be working but there are two glitches which may interest you.

This is still happening:

and

I keep getting told every time I restart that Tunnelbear has added Background Items.

• @Shewmaker

I keep getting told every time I restart that Tunnelbear has added Background Items.

This sounds like a macOS Ventura bug. I've seen the same behavior myself from other apps and you'll find a lot of reports of this in the Apple Support Communities.

The image looks like TunnelBear is frontmost and it's their app that is showing misplaced. I would recommend. contacting their support for assistance. Perhaps you intended this post for them?

• Shewmaker
    Shewmaker
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry. You're right.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Shewmaker not to worry. Please let us know if you need any more help with 1Password.

• Shewmaker
    Shewmaker
    Community Member
    Options

Re: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/678437/#Comment_678437

Steph.Giles,

It happened again.

I followed those instructions.

It worked.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Shewmaker sorry about the experience! It sounds like you are running into a known issue with how the extension syncs and save logins. If the "unable to save" error message re-appears, then I would like for you to try the following:

1. Install the beta version of the extension

Our developers have been investigating this specific issue and have recently released a fix for one of the possible causes of it in the beta version of the extension. You can get the beta extension by following the steps here.

2. Install the 1Password desktop app

• If the app is installed, turn on "Integrate with 1Password app".

Having the app installed may help the extension with the process of syncing to our servers and saving your logins. However, the app has to be integrated with the extension for this to work. To do that, you can follow the steps we shared previously but at the end, make sure to turn "Integrate with 1Password app" back on.

Please let us know how things go and let us know if you need more help. We appreciate your patience.

• Shewmaker
    Shewmaker
    Community Member
    Options

Joy_1P,

You misunderstood my last message. I wrote Steph Giles to say that the instructions Steph gave worked successfully.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Shewmaker sorry about that! Glad to hear that things are working well now :)

This discussion has been closed.