Firefox plugin never syncs

Options

I can't get the firefox plugin to sync. If I change an item (or add a new item) on another device or even on the 1passord app (linux), the item in the browser plugin never updates.

The only way to get the items updated is to remove and re-install the extension.

1Password Version: 8.10.0
Extension Version: 2.6.0
OS Version: Linux (arch)
Browser:_ Firefox

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JRWest, sorry about the issues you're seeing with 1Password in Firefox. I'm curious, if you save or update an item from the 1Password app (on your Linux machine or any other device), does it appear in your account at my.1Password.com?

Additionally, do you get any errors when you try to save or update an item with the extension in Firefox? Does locking and unlocking the extension to force a sync help at all?

• JRWest
    JRWest
    Community Member
    Options

It does not sync. If I edit a login from the plugin, it takes me to the app. I change the password in the app. I close the app. I re-open the app and verity the new password for the item in the app. It is still the old password in the plugin.

It stays the old password in the plugin until I entirely exist firefox (all open tabs / windows), Or remove and re-load the plugin.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JRWest could you clarify if the updates in the app make it to your account at my.1password.com? I'm asking in order to ensure that the issue isn't coming from the app. If the updates make it to my.1password.com, then we'll know that the issue is with the extension and we can troubleshoot from there.

I do have a couple more questions. Do you get any errors when you try to save a login? There is a known issue in the extension that involves how logins are synced. If you run into trouble with saving logins as well, then it's likely you've run into that issue. If you do not have troubles saving logins, then we can assume that the issue you're experiencing is different, and we can look for a cause elsewhere.

Lastly, do you have any other extensions in your browser? If so, please let us know what those are. We'd like to check if they are in conflict with 1Password, as that can cause syncing trouble.

Please let us know about the requested info. Talk to you again soon.

• nowayswiveltyro
    nowayswiveltyro
    Community Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

I am constantly having to remove and reinstall the extension for it to reconnect to the app (Mac) but this time I've removed it and it will not sync at all. The app is unlocked, the extension remains locked. When I try to sign in via the extension it hangs for a while and then the page just refreshes and asks it me to sign in again.

• Hi @nowayswiveltyro,

I'm sorry for the trouble you are having with 1Password in the browser. I think it would be useful if we could take a closer look at some logs and what may be going wrong.

I'd like to ask you to send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• nowayswiveltyro
    nowayswiveltyro
    Community Member
    Options

It's playing ball again so I'll run through this the next time it happens. Thanks.

• Thanks for getting back to us @nowayswiveltyro, apologies for the disruption.

• nowayswiveltyro
    nowayswiveltyro
    Community Member
    Options

@steph.giles It's happened again so I've raised a ticket.

• Hi @nowayswiveltyro,

I received your email and have responded accordingly and we will continue our conversation from there. 😄

Josh

This discussion has been closed.