ipassword8 just seems clumsy

aorons
aorons
Community Member
edited February 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I don't understand what the upgrade is here. 1Password 7 worked quietly and elegantly in the background. Now I've got blue buttons and popup windows every time I'm trying to enter information in a field - very annoying, Plus, if I don't hit the "Save in 1Password" button BEFORE I enter a password, the ability to save it goes away. Is it possible to modify that functionality to work more like 7?

1Password Version: 8.10
Extension Version: 2.7
OS Version: 12.5.1
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Mork
    Mork
    Community Member
    edited February 2023

I agree, the "Save in 1Password" is very confusing since it appears when I'm already entering user/pass for a site FROM 1Password already. Why does 1P8 ask me to Save in 1Password for a site that's already ... IN 1P8? I generally like version 8, but I agree, some things could be easier.

• @Mork

Does your login entry have a matching URL saved within it?

• @aorons

1Password will capture needed information from the page layout prior to the log in. This should help filling be more reliable. You can always create a login manually within 1Password 8 if needed but I would highly encourage you to let 1Password capture those details. It can really help on more challenging login pages.

• Mork
    Mork
    Community Member
    edited February 2023

Yes, the URL is filled in, at least the correct domain name. As I recall, 1P used to automatically hit ENTER after filling in the user/pass but you disabled that for some reason a while back.

• Hey @Mork,

You still have to option to fill with Universal Autofill using the shortcut Command+\ and this will auto submit. You may need to enable this by opening your 1Password 8 app > Choose your account > Settings then tick the box that says 'Submit automatically with universal autofill'.

I hope this helps.

• Mork
    Mork
    Community Member

Thanks Steph! :)

• @Mork, you're most welcome!

This discussion has been closed.