How do I turn off 1password from suggesting credit cards stored in 1password?

benblackmer
benblackmer
Community Member
edited February 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

While I like storing some credit card information in 1P, I don't want 1P to suggest those credit cards when I'm trying to make a purchase. Can I turn off just CC suggestions?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I turn off 1password from suggesting credit cards stored in 1password?

Comments

• Hey @benblackmer,

Whilst you can't prevent an item from appearing in your browser you can disable specific vaults. My suggestion here would be to create a new vault in your 1Password app or on 1Password.com and move your credit cards to this vault. You can then right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose settings, scroll down to the accounts and vaults section and untick that specific vault to stop the items from appearing.

That being said, I'd love to hear some more about your workflow and why you do not want your credit cards offered so I can pass this feedback on to our product team for consideration in future updates.

Thanks!

• benblackmer
    benblackmer
    Community Member

Okay; thanks. I track my Mom's credit cards in a vault, she's not capable of doing it her herself, and I share the vault with my sister. I need to be able to use the logins in that vault, but I don't want the CCs showing up. That's the workflow.

• Thanks for getting back to me @benblackmer, that makes perfect sense.

I have passed your use case on to the team, we appreciate the feedback.

ref: PB31219163

This discussion has been closed.