Is there a way to label documents, e.g., photos of Social Security card, in 1Password 8?

nickditoro
nickditoro
Community Member

After reading an article in the WSJ about the risks associated with stolen iPhones, which include visibility to stored photos of licenses, Social Security card, etc., I moved these photos to the Documents in 1Password 8 on my iPhone. However, when I attempted to re-label the documents so that I could tell which was, say, the front of my driver's license, the file was no longer able to be previewed. Is there a way to properly re-label these documents for clarity?

1Password Version: 8.9.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 16.3.1
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:storing documents

Comments

• Hi @nickditoro

When you said you "attempted to re-label the documents so that I could tell which was [which]", how did you do that? Changing the Title of the item shouldn't make a difference, for example, so I'd love to know what specific steps you took to complete this task, and I can then follow along and see what might have happened here. I look forward to hearing from you. :)

— Grey

• nickditoro
    nickditoro
    Community Member

Hi Grey,

Let's chalk to this up to user error (as most of my 1Password errors tend to be). I just changed the title of the back of my SS card, and it previews just fine. Also, I meant to say that I was doing this in 1Password on my Mac and not on my phone, which is where I would want to be able to show the documents if asked.

Thanks for commenting letting me know that what I had tried to do was entirely possible.

Nick

• @nickditoro

No problem! Glad to hear you got it figured out. We'll be here if you need any help at any time. :)

This discussion has been closed.