can 1Password be used to log in to Schawb Street Smart Edge on my PC?

zitlin
zitlin
Community Member

can 1Password be used to log in to Schawb Street Smart Edge on my PC? This app resides on my computer, and logs into Schwab indepently of any browser.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:can 1Password be used to log in to Schawb Street Smart Edge on my PC?

Comments

• Hello @zitlin,

Thanks for your question about logging into an app on your Windows PC. Apps can be signed into using 1Password but work differently than it would when signing into an account on a webpage with 1Password in the browser.

There a few different options to do so - you can copy and paste, drag and drop, or right-click the corresponding credential fields in 1Password 8 for Windows > Type in window > select the window to fill the credentials.

You can also use Quick Access to fill details in apps.

I hope this information helps, but we'll be here if you have any other questions or concerns.

• zitlin
    zitlin
    Community Member

Unfortunately, I was unable to follow either suggestion. Wasn't sure what a credential field would be in 1Password, and couldn't find any menu item or link to quick access .¯_(ツ)_/¯

• Hello again @zitlin,

Thanks for your reply and sorry to hear you are still having some troubles.

If you are currently only using 1Password in the browser, the browser extension and do not have the the 1Password 8 for Windows app installed, you can follow this guide to help you get started with download: Get the 1Password apps.

Next, if you haven't created a Login item in 1Password for Schawb login, you can follow this guide to Create and edit items.

Wasn't sure what a credential field would be in 1Password

When I mentioned a credential field, I was referring to copying and pasting or dragging/dropping the username and password fields from the corresponding Login item from the 1Password app. The same can also be achieved by right-clicking the username and password fields from the Login item in the 1Password app > Type in window > select the window to fill those fields.

and couldn't find any menu item or link to quick access

Quick Access is available through the 1Password app and can be opened with the default keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Shift + Space. This guide explains how you can use quick access to fill details in apps.

Please let us know if this helps with your questions. We're always happy to help should you need further assistance.

This discussion has been closed.