I can only log in to websites using copy and paste.

1Password is no longer working as it did just yesterday. The only way I can sign in to any websites is to copy and paste. Clicking on the 1Password button on a sign-in page does nothing. Clicking on it in the Safari menu bar brings up a pop-up that says "No suggestions found for....."

Updates for everything are on in System Settings.

1Password for Mac 8.10.0.
Safari Version 16.3 (18614.4.6.1.6)
macOS Ventura 13.2.1

1Password Version: 8.10.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Ventura 13.2.1
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:I can only log in to websites using copy and paste.

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2023

@kohls can you try the following?

1Password 8 app:
    1. Turn off - 1Password > Preferences (Settings) > Browser: Connect with 1Password in the browser

1Password for Safari or other browser:
    2. Right-click on the browser toolbar icon, selecting Settings (General Tab) and then disable Integrate with 1Password app.
    2 a. Sign out of any accounts you are signed into in the Safari browser. It will be at the bottom of the settings page mentioned in step 2.
    3. Quit the browser completely! A full quit, not a close or minimize to the dock.

1Password 8 app:
    4. Quit 1Password. While looking at the main window (locked or unlocked)
    - Press Command and Q 1Password should lock and close.
    5. Wait a few seconds and then open 1Password from the Dock or the Applications folder and unlock.
    6. Turn On - 1Password > Preferences (Settings) > Browser: Connect with 1Password in the browser
    7. Open your browser.

1Password for Safari or other browser:
    8. Right-click on the browser toolbar icon, selecting Settings (General Tab) and then enable Integrate with 1Password app.
    9 . There should be no need to sign into any accounts within the browser. The interconnection between 1Password and 1Password in the browser should be all that is needed.

--

If the above is unfruitful, it'll likely be best to get you into email support where my colleagues specializing in the browser can take a deeper look.

Please email us using support+forum@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question. If you would be so kind as to include a link to this discussion.

https://1password.community/discussion/138326/i-can-only-log-in-to-websites-using-copy-and-paste

• kohls
    kohls
    Community Member

Thank you for your response.
    Before I saw the email directing me to your post, I went to the 1Password settings on my Mac and added Apple Watch to Unlock and I set Auto-lock to 30 minutes. I think Connect with 1Password in the browser may have been unchecked, but it’s checked now. Seems to be working, so I decided to leave it alone for now.

• Hey @kohls,

Thank you for the update.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

This discussion has been closed.