Offline. Changes won't appear on your other devices until 1Password reconnects

JPS
JPS
Community Member

On my Windows 10 laptop running 1Password 8.9.12 version, since last few weeks I see this "Offline. Changes won't appear on your other devices until 1Password reconnects" error in 1Password app and unable to save/update any passwords. Any idea what could be the issue?

1Password Version: 8.9.12
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Enterprise
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:Changes won't appear on your other devices until 1Password reconnects

Comments

• Hello @JPS,

Thanks for your message. When issue started, have you added any new software or do you have updates available for antivirus or antimalware software on your device? I'd also suggest checking for any Windows updates.

Additionally you mentioned version 8.9.12. 1Password for Windows version 8.10.0 was recently released. If you could download and update to this version from the link provided. Does this help with connection troubles you are experiencing?

If this didn't help, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/138327/offline-changes-wont-appear-on-your-other-devices-until-1password-reconnects
    • Your forum username: JPS

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here.  Thanks!

• alleecat
    alleecat
    Community Member

Hopefully you have solved this by now. I had the same alert on my iPhone after changing my master password on my laptop. Hitting 'Reconnect' did nothing. I fixed it by using 'Set up another device' in the desktop application. This can be found under Accounts (in top navigation bar) | Your account name | Set up another device. It may work in your case.

• Thanks for your message, @alleecat. I'm sorry to hear you also ran into troubles with 1Password for iOS after the account password change, but glad it has been resolved. Please let us know if you experience any other problems - we'll be happy to help.

This discussion has been closed.