Custom autofill behaviour for different ports

To my great delight I today discovered that the custom autofill behaviour has went from beta to public and is now available in my 1Password app. And although it is a huge step forward and solves a lot of problems, there is one minor inconvenience that probably also affects a lot of people especially in the home automation community: custom autofill behaviour only takes subdomains into account while different ports are still treated as they were the same. This is rather unfortunate as a lot of times when you run a lot of services on the same machine, e.g. a Raspberry Pi, the only distinguishing feature is the port, as illustrated in my attached screenshot.

Do you have any plans to expand the feature to also include ports on top of domains and subdomains?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• tmakaro
    tmakaro
    Community Member

I agree. I have a synology nas with a few different services on different ports. This would be nice to specify.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2023

Hi @norysang and @tmakaro! While we do not have this feature in the works just yet, we do have a feature request open to support port matching for autofill. I'll share the feedback that you both have provided in the request. It's always good to know how something like this impacts your experiences. Hopefully, our developers will consider port matching for autofill in the future.

PB: 31510177

• manselmi
    manselmi
    Community Member

Hello, +1 from me as well, please.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@manselmi Thanks for reaching out about this. I've passed along your feedback.

PB: 31510177

• YAZombie
    YAZombie
    Community Member

I heartily second the request.
    As it is 1Password's suggestions become rapidly overwhelming when one has a few services on a NAS or other type of service.
    Thanks.

• Thank you @YAZombie, I have passed on your feedback.

ref: PB31865707

This discussion has been closed.