Why the import option is not available in my desktop app?

Thati
Thati
Community Member

I just install the 1Password and wanted to import my data from lastpass and asked me to install the desktop app. I installed and when I went to options to import, I couldn't click on import just in export. Can someone help me?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:import

Comments

• Tink
    Tink
    Community Member
    edited February 2023

Hubby created a family account. I accepted the invitation and created my own login. I downloaded the desktop app for Windows 10. The import option is greyed out. I cannot import my password file. 1Password is currently unlocked. I did the exact steps in the video. Why is the option greyed out?

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Browser:_ Not Provided

• Tink
    Tink
    Community Member

OK, What your app doesn't tell the Family member who is the owner is that they have to literally be sitting at their computer to confirm the invitation once we create our login and follow the link sent to us via email. It's cumbersome and ridiculous.

In addition, now I'm having the same problem as everyone else importing from LastPass. The import failed!

This is a huge customer dissatisfier. The whole point of importing is so that we don't have to retype all the data. My guess is that the importer can't handle the folders we set up in LastPass. I have what would be several vaults in 1Password.

I really wanted to like you guys, since Consumer Reports said you were the best password manager, but I'm kind of annoyed I'm going to ruin an entire morning typing in my passwords and security questions for 200 login accounts when an automatic import could have done it for me.

• Tink
    Tink
    Community Member

If you're using the Families setup, the person who set up the shared vault has to confirm you after you accept the invitation and create your own account. Until they do that, the import option will be greyed out.

• Thati
    Thati
    Community Member

Thank you Tink.

This discussion has been closed.