Getting a password change to propagate?

tkspitzer
tkspitzer
Community Member

I changed a site password in the extension on Chrome. The extension on Edge, the 1Password Windows app, and 1Password on my Android phone are still showing the old password. How do I get them to change too?

1Password Version: 8.10
Extension Version: 2.7
OS Version: Win 10/Android
Browser:_ Chrome/Edge
Referrer: forum-search:Getting a password change to propagate?

Comments

• Hello @tkspitzer,

Thanks for your message.

I understand your having some troubles with an updated password not appearing in 1Password on your other devices. When signed into your account on other devices or browsers, changes should be reflected there based of the data saved in 1Password.com. Could you sign in to your account on 1Password.com (or .ca/.eu) and let us know if the password change mentioned, is present there?

Likewise, do updated items in Edge, 1Password 8 for Windows or Android, reflect properly across the other devices and when you sign in to 1Password.com?

Looking forward to your reply.

• tkspitzer
    tkspitzer
    Community Member

The password I'm seeing in 1Password.com is the previous password.
    On my Android 1Password it is showing the updated password.
    In Chrome it is showing the previous password, though that is where I changed it yesterday!
    On Edge it is showing the previous password.
    You know I've worked with databases for over thirty five years. If you google me and DBMS, you'll find articles I wrote for DBMS magazine thirty years ago. I'll tell you that a system that creates this kind of inconsistency is not to be trusted!

• tkspitzer
    tkspitzer
    Community Member

wait, I was too late, my Android reverted to my old password. Is there a way to recover the password I created yesterday?

• Hello again @tkspitzer,

Thanks for your reply. I'm sorry for the continued troubles with this password update.

my Android reverted to my old password. Is there a way to recover the password I created yesterday?

If the password was saved to your device, the history can be found by following these steps:
    1. Select an item, then tap the password and choose “View password history”.
    2. Tap one of the passwords and choose Reveal to see the previously used password.
    3. Tap the password you want and choose Copy to copy it to your clipboard.

Since the password did not save to 1Password.com, it sounds like you are having some connection issues with the one or more of your devices preventing the updates to 1Password.com, and out to your other devices. I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices so we can help to investigate:

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/138389/getting-a-password-change-to-propagate
    • Your forum username: tkspitzer

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here.  Thanks!

• OldEngineer
    OldEngineer
    Community Member

I had the same problem today. It seemed to finally sync after an hour or so.

• tkspitzer
    tkspitzer
    Community Member

[#JGF-37163-956]

• @OldEngineer - I'm sorry to heat you've also had troubles. Is your data now syncing quickly as expected, or are you still seeing delays?

Thanks @tkspitzer, I see the team responded to your ticket. You can follow up there as needed should you experience further troubles.

ref: JGF-37163-956

• tkspitzer
    tkspitzer
    Community Member

Support reached out to me, and I did run a test. In the test, synchronization worked as one would hope, with all devices/browsers/apps updating promptly.

thanks

• Thanks for the reply, @tkspitzer - I'm happy to hear this news and your data is properly updating across your devices now. 😀

Do let us know if you run into any other troubles. We'll be here to help!

This discussion has been closed.