How can I automatically send password to desktop app?

Options

For years now 1P works great for me to open websites requiring a userid and password. However I have not found a good way to open computer applications, such as the Windows desktop version of Quicken or TurboTax (I like them better than their browser-based cousins), using just the password.

Currently I store my application passwords in 1P. After I open an app that requires a password, I then have to switch windows to 1P, search and find the app in my 1P list, copy the password, then switch back to the app and paste the password. Phew!...that's a lot of work that can easily get screwed up and sometime does. This is a steepish learning curve for less computer savvy members of my family. Is there a better way?

1Password Version: 8.10.1
Extension Version: 2.7.0
OS Version: Windows 11 22621.1265
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:automatically send passwords to apps

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @break80 !

Did you already take a look at Quick Access? This is the way to go if you want to use login credentials in Windows applications.
    Get to know Quick Access

• Thank you DenalB. Let us know if you have any questions @break80

• break80
    break80
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the comment on Quick Access. I did not know about it so will explore going forward.

However, found a great "old" answer via a forum search, namely drag n drop. Great because as soon as I start to drag the code, the 1Password window drops from view revealing the place I want to drop. I like it.

• Yep, that's an still valid and I use it from time to time when I encounter a tough site or app. I'm glad it works for you. 🙂

This discussion has been closed.