Windows 11 Chrome plugin: no focus after authentication

Options
btmurrell
btmurrell
Community Member

After clicking on the plugin icon to authenticate, I authenticate with my biometric reader, then I expect the input focus to go to the "Search 1Password" input field. Just as it does when an already authenticated session... I also use Mac/Chrome, and this sequence works -- after biometric auth, the focus is on the search field. This is the natural flow because 99% of the time, I want to open 1pw to search for and launch a website.

1Password Version: 8.10.0
Extension Version: 2.7.0
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ Chrome 110.0.548.1.178

Comments

• Hello @btmurrell,

Thanks for your message and reporting this problem with focusing the search field after authenticating on a Windows device using Chrome. This is a known issue and I've passed these details along to the development team.

ref: dev/core/core#15775

• btmurrell
    btmurrell
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, I reported this in February 2023. It's been five months. This would be SUCH a simple thing to fix. It is a DAILY annoyance. PLEASE can someone bump this priority. THANKS.

• Hi @btmurrell,

Thanks for the additional feedback. I no news to share about timelines, but I've let the Development team know that you've followed up.

In the meantime, you can keep 1Password up-to-date and watch 1Password Releases for the latest news about updates and fixes.

We appreciate your patience.

• btmurrell
    btmurrell
    Community Member
    Options

God, you guys, seriously? It's been one year since I reported this. This is such an easy thing to fix, and it such a PITA to not have it working. "appreciate my patients" -- mine has expired. You guys are not free/OSS... I have paid for my license and I expect responsiveness in a reasonable timeframe.

• Dave_1P
    edited February 15
    Options

@btmurrell

I'm sorry for the frustration that the issue is causing. Our developers have investigated this and have determined that an issue in Chrome is causing focus to not be correctly restored to the 1Password pop-up. We're reported the issue to the Chromium team so that the bug can be fixed in Chrome.

In the meantime, our team is investigating potential workarounds but I don't have any news to share at the moment.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#15775

• btmurrell
    btmurrell
    Community Member
    Options

my original problem report states that it works properly on Chrome Mac. So, is it a chrome issue? why would chrome windows behave differently that chrome windows?

• @btmurrell

That's correct, our investigation confirmed that the issue only exists on Windows and not macOS. We included that detail in our bug report to the Chromium team.

I don't have any other specific information to provide beyond that. Our development team is continuing to look into ways to workaround the issue.

-Dave