Anyone had an issue with 1Password getting stuck in fullscreen?

Options
chrisluton
chrisluton
Community Member

For some reason, 1password opens in fullscreen mode. I mean FULL fullscreen mode where you can't even see the taskbar. Like it thinks it's a fullscreen GAME and won't let you do anything other than interact with the app itself. I can minimize it but maximizing just makes it full screen again. Keyboard shortcuts to restore the app in Windows don't help. I must admit this is pretty annoying. Any idears?!

1Password Version: 8.10.0
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ N/A
Referrer: forum-search:fullscreen stuck

Comments

• chrisluton
    chrisluton
    Community Member
    Options

By the way, dragging the top of the app doesn't do anything either. It doesn't even register that I'm trying to drag it. ??

• Hello @chrisluton,

Thanks for the message and sorry to hear of the troubles you are experiencing with the app.

Based your description of the issue, it sounds like you may have the app in full screen mode. The behaviour you mentioned of not being able to drag the window and only minimize is consistent with the app in full screen. We use a custom title bar that doesn't go away in full screen mode because of other features used there such as the Search and + New Item button.

You mentioned keyboard shortcuts didn't help, but could you confirm if pressing F11 helps restore the expected behaviour?

Looking forward to your reply.

• chrisluton
    chrisluton
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, F11 worked! Cool!

I use F11 regularly for browsers but never considered a Windows app might use it for fullscreen.

(On an unrelated note, I wrote this response and clicked the "post as" to have it send me to the login screen which then routed me back to a blank comment form. So I had to rewrite my post; which was super short in this case. Not looking for a response here but I would expect a previously written form to remain through a login request.)

Thanks again Mike!

• ag_mike_d
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hello @chrisluton

Sorry for the delay and thanks so much for your reply! I'm glad to hear F11 did the trick. We've seen this reported a few times and where looking into ways to help a user identify if they are in full screen mode. I've included your report for the team's reviews.

ref: 31455099

With regard to your issues with the blank comment after logging back in, should you experience this in the future, the forums should save a draft.

Enjoy the remainder of your weekend.

This discussion has been closed.