1Password not syncing

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Syncing not working in version 7.

Comments

• Jody
    Jody
    Community Member
    Options

Well here I am with the exact same issue. No connectivity issues at all. I changed a password for a login on the desktop, closed out 1Password and 15 minutes later went to the laptop and couldn't get into the recently changed login website. Checked 1Password on the laptop and iPhone and the old password was still there. This is not confidence-building. If syncing automatically takes place once you boot up 1Password, then why hasn't the new password changed on the other devices? Should be pretty instant and automatic, but it isn't.

• Dave_1P
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hello @Jody! 👋

I've split your comment into a new thread so that we can investigate the issue on your devices separately.

I'm sorry to hear that you're not seeing the same items on both your desktop and your laptop. So that I can better understand how you're using 1Password can you tell me the following:

1. If you have a 1Password account then do you see all of your items when you log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app)?
    2. Do you see a "Primary" standalone vault on either your desktop or laptop?

-Dave

• Jody
    Jody
    Community Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hi Dave, thanks so much for getting back to me quickly. My laptop is 14" M1 running Monterey 12.6. iPhone is 14 ProMax and current iOS. When I open 1Password I see Personal. On the desktop (2015 iMac Retina Monterey 12.6) where I changed the password I see All Vaults which has Personal and then On iCloud which has Primary under that. So the laptop does not have the "On iCloud". Neither does the iPhone. Not sure how to get there.

Just to clarify, I'm running 1Password 7.9.9

• @Jody

Thank you for the reply. It sounds like you have an old standalone vault on your desktop that isn't part of your account and that's causing the issue. I recommend that you email our dedicated migration team at support+forum@1password.com so that they can help you get everything sorted. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly support assistant, with a support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Please post the Support ID here and I'll make sure that your email gets to our migration team so that they can offer you a heavily discounted membership. 😊

-Dave

• Jody
    Jody
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Dave, I am in touch with Sully and have sent him info and screenshots yesterday. Hope to hear back soon. I will follow through with your suggestion as well.

• Sounds good Jody.

ref: NBZ-35639-935

• hectorromerodev
    hectorromerodev
    Community Member
    Options

Hello team, I'm new here, I have done a migration from Last Pass.
    But I have issues synchronizing web, desktop and mobile app. I have made many password changes, but my passwords aren't syncing.
    That means I'm losing my new generated password from 1password, what can I do?

• @hectorromerodev

I'm sorry that you're not seeing all of your items on all of your devices. If you create a new item using 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app) then on which devices does that new item appear and not appear?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• hectorromerodev
    hectorromerodev
    Community Member
    Options

Sporadically, it does, but otherwise I need to do it manually. It's a little annoying, but I'll try for 10 days more. @Dave_1P

• @hectorromerodev

Pleaser email us and one of our colleagues will help determine what's going on. Please use support+forum@1password.com. If the action is sporadic it might be some kind of environmental variable that a diagnostics report could reveal. We don't have those here in the community for your privacy, hence the need for an email submission.

This discussion has been closed.