Ability to create custom item types?

Options
jfleischauer
jfleischauer
Community Member

Recent refugee from LastPass, and so far 1P is an immeasurably better experience (also, many fewer data leaks - low bar but...).

The one thing I miss from LP so far is the ability to have custom item types. The specific case I'm looking at is a health insurance card, which has name, policy number, group number, prescription coverage info, etc., which doesn't quite match up with any of the existing ones.

I know I can add add new fields, but it would be great to have the ability to create new item types with the same fields. And, where this approach really comes up short is in the inability to customize what shows up in the preview (similar to how credit cards have the preview line of "nnnn **** nnnn" right below the item name. For a health insurance card, for instance, it would be awesome to be able to specify that the ID number should show up there.

I've seen this mentioned in some old posts here, on Reddit, etc., but haven't seen a resolution. Any ideas? If it matters I'm on the individual plan.

1Password Version: 8.10.0
Extension Version: 2.7.0
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Hello @jfleischauer,

Thanks for message and welcome! We appreciate your kind words about your experience with 1Password. 😊

Customer item types or templates are not currently available, but something that has been requested across all types of accounts for some time. I'm happy to send your request along to the team for consideration when adding new features to 1Password 8.

ref: 31392596

For the time being, as mentioned you can customize an item and save a blank items as a sort of template, to be duplicated for future use. While there's no option to add a Credit Card number field to display nnnn **** **** nnnn as mentioned, you can + add another field > Password and change the title of this field to Health Insurance card number and once saved, the value will be fully concealed automatically for this type of field:

I hope this information helps, but if you need further assistance, just let us know. We'll be here for you.

This discussion has been closed.