How do I increase or eliminate the 1Password lockout time in Chrome?

Options

I recently migrated from Lastpass to 1Password. I am using the Chrome browser on a Windows computer. The 1Password Chrome extension is installed. I have attempted to find a way to increase or eliminate what appears to be the default of 10 minutes, and things seem to have gotten a bit circular. Suggestions will be appreciated.

The instructions for finding the 1Password version:
"To find the version number, open 1Password. Click at the top of the sidebar and choose Settings, then click About in the sidebar. You can click the version number to copy it to the clipboard."
Unfortunately, there is no "Settings" option when I do this.

1Password Version: ?
Extension Version: 2.70
OS Version: Win10 19044.2604
Browser:_ Chrome 110.0.5481.178
Referrer: forum-search:Change lockout time in chrome?

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @JAlfred, do you use the 1Password extension in your browser along with the 1Password desktop app on your computer? If so, then the two share a lock state by default. As a result, the auto-lock settings for the extension will be in the 1Password desktop app.

You don't have to tell us the exact version of the 1Password app that you're running. As long as you're using 1Password 8, you can follow the steps in the following guide to update your extension and app's auto-lock settings: https://support.1password.com/auto-lock/#manage-auto-lock-in-the-1password-apps

If you have any trouble at all, please open the 1Password app, click on "1Password" at the top left (seen here), click on Settings, click on Security, and take a screenshot of that window for us. Make sure to not include any private or sensitive info in the screenshot. An example screenshot can be found here: https://share.cleanshot.com/Zbs6PlBp

Let us know how things go!

• JAlfred
    JAlfred
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, your suggestion was spot on. Now I'm on to figuring out how to use 1Password on my Android phone

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JAlfred Glad that helped! Did you have any particular questions about 1Password on Android? If you are running into any issues at all, please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.