Password suggestion not opening in app iPad like it does in iOS

Options
bradHon1Pcomm
bradHon1Pcomm
Community Member

On my iPAD the password suggestion does not come when logging into the app. I don’t mean in browser but inside an app. The browser extension works fine. This is not how exact same app functions on my iPhone,. Under settings i have auto fill passwords on and 1Password only selected for allow filling from and verification codes.

1Password Version: 8.1.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: PadOS 16.3.1
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2023
    Options

@bradHon1Pcomm

Apologies, it wasn't clear to me if you had password autofill enabled on the iPad or was this for the phone? Can you share the name of the app or better yet a link to it? I'd be happy to check things here on my side. Also, is the app in question on that is specific to the iPad. I would not necessarily thing there would be differences but there could be.

• bradHon1Pcomm
    bradHon1Pcomm
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for reply. Password auto fill is on iPad. Exact same settings on iPad and iPhone . Auto fill on and allow 1Password .

The exact app in iOS iPhone will work fine. On IPad it does not . It’s not the app itself it’s all apps that dont open the auto fill bar with the option for that app and little key like i see on iPhone.

I have attached a screenshot from same app on iPhone and iPad. I click into the email it should pop up the window for auto fill. .

• @bradHon1Pcomm

Thank you for posting the screenshots. On the iPad, you'll need to tap on the keyboard icon in the lower left corner to have the onscreen keyboard (and the Password AutoFill prompt) appear:

Let me know if that doesn't work. 🙂

-Dave

• bradHon1Pcomm
    bradHon1Pcomm
    Community Member
    Options

Arrrggghh. I am embarrassed I missed that. That was the issue thanks for the help Dave.

• @bradHon1Pcomm

It's a small icon and definitely easy to miss. I'm happy to help. 😊

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.