Why is 1Pass not autofilling my name, address, phone number....?

Options
maryschat
maryschat
Community Member
edited March 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I have no trouble with password management with 1Pass but I was hoping that 1 Pass would autofill my first name, last name, address, phone number on web forms. Do I have to prompt this somehow? I read that I had to turn autofill on but I don't see that option. I only see a keyboard shortcut for autofill and I'm not sure what that is for. I certainly hope that I don't have to use that to prompt 1Password to fill out the form for me. Thanks for the help!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Why is 1Pass not autofilling my name, address, phone number....?

Comments

• Ekalb
    Ekalb
    Community Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

Did you save your item as Identity?
    New Item > Identity

• Hello @maryschat,

Thanks for your message. Our guide, Save and fill credit cards and addresses explains how to save and fill addresses (and credit cards).

This process works differently than filling account usernames, passwords and OTPs. The process to autofill identity items outlined here and below:
    1. Click the 1Password icon in your browser’s toolbar.
    2. Choose the credit card or address you want to fill.
    3. Click Autofill.

I hope this information helps, but if you need further assistance, just let us know!

• MilesAB
    MilesAB
    Community Member
    Options

I have a similar issue. I click the 1Password icon on my Mac Chrome browser. Then select my identity card, then select autofill. Then nothing happens. It doesn't autofill my email address. I have to manually copy/paste it. Apart from it not working I was wondering why we need to go through multiple selections to be able to populate some personal information. Why can't we select an icon in the field to select the email address or it just populates it (as other password managers do. Any help would be appreciated on why the autofill doesn't work.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MilesAB, sorry about the issue that you're seeing. As far as Identities go, 1Password does suggest email addresses and can fill them from the inline menu. The filling limitation with Identities only applies to fields such as first name, last name, and phone number. For security purposes, we require users to interact with the extension to fill these personal details.

If the email address from your Identity is not being suggested properly on a form, could you share that form's URL with us? We are happy to review the form for you.

This discussion has been closed.