MFA and TOTP in the same site

Options
andremartins
andremartins
Community Member
edited March 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi, I'm just move from Lastpass and I'm trying to figure out my away around 1Password.

I have AWS and Amazon accounts tied with the same user. They asked normally for the TOTP but for some changes I need to use the MFA which is another type of TOTP. I was able to setup 2 accounts one with TOTP and the other with MFA. But I have to remember which account has what one time password.

Is it possible to have both one time password at the same account ? If yes, how do I do it ?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• andremartins
    andremartins
    Community Member
    Options

I figured it out. I just couldn't make it fill the MFA automatically. It always fill the TOTP instead. Would be good to be able to pick the selected TOTP with right click or something like it

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @andremartins sorry about the delaying in replying. It is indeed possible to have two one-time passwords saved to a login item. However, the extension will always fill the first OTP field it finds in the item to the page. I recommend clearing the field or refreshing the page if the wrong one-time password is filled. From there, you can copy/paste or click/drag the correct one-time password from the extension to the form.

So that you know, I have passed along your feedback about this to our team. There seems to be more and more people interested in such a feature. Hopefully, it is something we can support in the future.

Please let us know if you have any other questions!

PB: 31082317

This discussion has been closed.