1password chrome not opens or opens forever

Options

Hello. I have latest 1password / latest chrome on latest macOS.
I've got problem like since 3-4 months where my 1password on chrome is not responding when i click "extension icon" or try to autofill inputs.

Sometimes it open after some longer time, sometimes not.
Problem persists after chrome, 1password and even OS update.

I've already restarted computer many times, restarted browser, deleted and re-installed chrome extension.

Is there anything I can do? I'am starting to consider move to some other product. thanks

1Password Version: latest
Extension Version: latest
OS Version: 13.2.1
Browser:_ chrome

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @happyhippo, sorry to hear about the troubles you're experiencing with 1Password in Chrome. From your message, it sounds like the extension is unable to connect with the 1Password app in order to unlock as expected. Can you try the following to reset the connection between the extension and the app?

1. Open your browser as you usually do.
    2. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar and select 'Settings'.
    3. Under General, turn off the "Integrate with 1Password app" setting.
    4. Close your browser completely by right clicking its icon in the macOS Dock and selecting 'Quit'.
    5. Open the 1Password app, left click '1Password' in the top left corner and select ‘Settings’.
    6. Ensure the following settings are turned on:
      • Under the General section ensure 'Keep 1Password in the menu bar' is checked.
      • Under the Browser section ensure 'Connect with 1Password in the browser' is checked.
    7. Right click the 1Password app icon in the macOS menu bar (top right corner near the clock) and select 'Quit'.
    8. Re-open the 1Password app and unlock it.
    9. Open your browser once again, sign into 1Password as before, and turn on "Integrate with 1Password app."
    10. Test using 1Password again.

If that doesn't help, then I'd like to ask a few questions:

• What versions of the 1Password app, extension, and Chrome do you have? I just want to double check, as recent updates have been released.
    • Are both the 1Password app and your Chrome browser installed in the /Applications folder on your Mac?
    • Do you have any other extensions installed in Chrome?
    • Do you use an anti-virus or anti-malware program on your computer?
    • Do you use a proxy or VPN?

Hope to hear from you again soon!

This discussion has been closed.