Safari extension logins for family account

Options

My wife and I share a family account and we each have our own passwords for the 1Password application on each of our Macs. We also both use the 1Password extension in Safari. The password I use to login in to the Mac 1Password application is the same one I use to log in to the Safari extension. However, the password my wife uses to login to the Mac 1Password application on her computer does not work for her version of the Safari extension. She has to use my password. I have uninstalled and reinstalled her extension but nothing changed.

Shouldn't each user's individual password for the Mac application be the same one they use to login in to the Safari extension?

Thanks.

1Password Version: 8.10.1
Extension Version: 2.70
OS Version: 13.0.1
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Yosh01, sorry to hear about the troubles that your wife. If your wife is using the 1Password for Safari extension with 1Password 8 app, then only one Account Password should be used, and it should work regardless of where your wife is unlocking her account. Since that is not the case, can you have your wife reach out to us at support@1Password.com?

We'd want to her to send over the following:

• A screenshot of 1Password from her /Applications folder
    • A screenshot of Safari > Settings/Preferences > Extensions
    • A screenshot of the account info from the extension settings in Safari

To find the account info from the extension settings in Safari:

1. Right-click the 1Password icon in the browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    2. Scroll down to Accounts & Vaults.

Please have your wife include a link to your thread here as well: https://1password.community/discussion/138584/safari-extension-logins-for-family-account

Once we get the details above, we'll be able to help her. We hope to hear from her soon.

This discussion has been closed.