Why is only the original Owner account receiving "Invite" and "Recovery" email alerts?

Options
mayestl
mayestl
Community Member

We have 7 members in the Owners group. The same members are in the Admin group. Only the original creator of the business account is receiving email notifications for pending Invites, and Recovery completion. How do we include others in receipt of these messages

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Invitation email alerts

Comments

• ag_max
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hi @mayestl, welcome to the 1Password Support Community, 👋

First, to better understand how notifications work in 1Password Business and Teams, here's a quick summary:

• If someone is invited to join the account directly via their email address from the "Invitations" page on 1Password.com, the "Confirm" email is sent to the specific owner or administrator that initiated the invitation process
    • If someone joins the account using the account's Sign-Up Link, the "Confirm" email goes to the longest-standing owner member on the account as there is no specific owner or administrator associated with the invitation
    • For account recovery emails ("recovery has been continued"), those messages are sent to all members of the account who have the permissions to complete the recovery process; by default, this includes members of the Owners and Administrators groups

With the above in mind, it sounds like your team may be relying on the dedicated Sign-Up Link, which will only send an email to the longest-standing member currently in the Owners group. There isn't currently a way to change this behavior, though as this has been requested before, I'll be happy to pass this along to our Product team for further consideration and tracking purposes.

Recovery completion emails to everyone with the "Recover Accounts" permission. Just to confirm, and without sharing any private information in this setting, are you saying none of your other owners or admins are receiving these emails, just the original account owner?

• mayestl
    mayestl
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the answer, and your descriptions fit what I am seeing.

• Hello @mayestl,

I'm glad to hear that this aligns with what you are seeing.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

This discussion has been closed.