To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Main password no longer accepted

Options
lhaspedis
lhaspedis
Community Member
edited March 2023 in Memberships

I went through the steps in the ‘forgot password guide’ and was unable to log in. I know that my password and secret key are correct. I just set up 1Password on Feb 25, and I have not changed my main password.

Initially, I was unable to log in on the web, but I was still logged into the app and could access everything I needed. However, I believe my TouchID access to 1Password expired, because I am no longer able to access via the app. I hadn’t had a chance to set up another family member yet, so they don't have access to recover my account.

I originally signed up on Feb 22, but I couldn’t locate my Emergency Kit doc and thus couldn’t log in. Because I hadn’t added any data to my vault yet, I didn’t lose anything, so I signed up again on Feb 25. I made sure I saved my Emergency Kit where I could find it, and got everything all set up. I’ve been using 1Password without problems since then. I had access via the app, web, and the Safari extension — all worked smoothly, until it didn’t. When I still had access to the app, I didn’t see a way to export all my data in case I couldn’t get access via the web again. There was no option to save or export via the app.

All of this started when I received an email confirming my trial was ending soon and I would be charged for the annual plan on March 11. I tried to log into 1Password (web) to be sure the billing info was correct, and that is when I could no longer get into my vault.

Is there any chance the account I initially created on Feb 22 is causing an issue with my access to the account created on Feb 25? I know that I am using the Feb 25 details since I never had my Emergency Kit from Feb 22.

Any help you can offer would be so appreciated. I don’t want to start over since I have all my passwords set up in my vault. I’m afraid to start over, set up all my passwords again, and lose access again. I may have to manage my passwords with a different tool altogether.

I’ve submitted an email to support, and here is the case number: [#VKP-62873-164]. I’ve not gotten a response yet, but I thought it might be helpful to try the forum as well.

I pulled a diagnostic report as well and will attach to this discussion if Support needs it.

Fingers crossed that I’m not up a creek without a paddle.

1Password Version: 8.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 16.3.1
Browser:_ Safari

This discussion has been closed.