Feature request: unlock multiple accounts at once after 14day lockout

Options
ericsaxby
ericsaxby
Community Member

When my 1password locks after 14 days, and forces me to provide a password to get into the app, it locks all of my signed-in accounts. When I unlock the app, in only unlocks my primary account. Every time this happens, I forget that only one of my accounts is unlocked—when I open the password popup on a site, I get frustrated that it doesn't show as a known site even though I know I have a saved username/password.

I propose that when the app locks, the next time I go into it, it shows a list of all locked accounts, and allows me to go through them one by one until they're all unlocked or I cancel.

That would allow me to unlock my primary account first, then use the profile I save in that account to thereafter unlock each successive account. It would also make it clear to me that if I cancel out halfway, that I have left the app in a semi-locked state.

1Password Version: 8.10.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 13.2.1
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @ericsaxby! 👋

You can have all of your accounts unlock at the same time by using the same account password for every 1Password account: How to use multiple accounts

I hope that helps! 🙂

-Dave

• ericsaxby
    ericsaxby
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the workaround! I might use it in the short term.

In the long term it would be nice to be able to have different passwords for each account, but still have a nice user experience in the app.

• @ericsaxby

Have you tried turning off the 14-day password requirement? Click the 🔽 down arrow at the top of the sidebar, then Settings, and Security. You can then change the "Require password" setting to Never if you like.

This discussion has been closed.