Default Vault Not Working

Options

I've had this issue for a few years now and I can't find it anywhere on the forums, but tldr, I have set my default vault:

But any time I go to save a new login, it defaults to Personal which means my family can't see my logins and I have to go move it into the Dave vault:

This happens with both the browser plugins (same results in latest Edge, Chrome, Safari and Brave) as well as the desktop app.

1Password Version: beta 8.10.3 (81003001)
Extension Version: 2.8.1
OS Version: macOS 13.2.1
Browser:_ Brave

Comments

• OAW
    OAW
    Community Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

@dscaglione It's pretty hard to tell where your screenshots are coming from since they are snippets and not the entire app window. But in general these settings exist in the desktop app separately from the browser plug in. You may want to check each location to ensure they are both set as expected.

• dscaglione
    dscaglione
    Community Member
    Options

Yes that’s why I stated that these settings are set the same exact way in both the desktop app as well as the browser plug-in.

• @dscaglione

Can you try changing the selector to a new vault and back again?

• dscaglione
    dscaglione
    Community Member
    Options

I did all that and it still switches back and forth intermittently. I've been on 1Pass since 2015 and it's always been this way (across many devices).

That said, when the nightly build posted last week, it now seems to be semi-fixed and only happens about 25% of the time, so progress!

• @dscaglione

If you'd like email us my colleagues would be more than happy to try and determine where the trouble is. I am happy to hear that the nightly is working better. I agree it seems like progress is happening for you. If you wish to email us please use support+forum@1password.com

This discussion has been closed.