1P interfering with 2FA codes from SMS/Messages

Options
cageyo
cageyo
Community Member
edited March 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Prior versions of 1P allowed OSX to provide 2FA codes received via SMS and available in the Messages app. In my current combination of OS and 1P, 1P interferes with its 'No items to show' dropdown when the clicking on the 2FA code entry box. Previously, clicking on the entry box would provide the recent 2FA code received by the Messages app.

I've tried the option of limiting the autofill to only the domain given to 1P, but this did not help. (The 2FA entry is done in a different subdomain.)

1Password Version: 8.10.1
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 12.6.3
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:autofill osx

Comments

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi cageyo - Thank you for reaching out here 🙂

I have a few questions on the behaviour you're seeing:

• Could you share a screenshot of the 1Password interference you're seeing when clicking on the 2FA code entry box? (Be sure not to share any sensitive info in the screenshot)
    • Which web browser are you using?
    • Which version(s) of the 1Password extension is installed in your browser?
    • Which website are you experiencing this issue on? Could you share the URL so we can take a look on our end?

We look forward to hearing back!

• alanshutko
    alanshutko
    Community Member
    Options

I'm experiencing the same thing with Cigna. When the text message comes in, I should be able to cursor down and get the SMS fill option. Instead, it shows me different logins I have stored for the domain. If I disable the 1password extension, it works correctly.

Safari 16.4 (18615.1.26.11.23)

1Password 8.10.4
    1Password for Safari 2.10.0

https://my.cigna.com/web/public/guest/mfa/challenge

• alanshutko
    alanshutko
    Community Member
    Options

I just tried 1Password 7 on my main computer, with the extension that comes with it, and it works correctly.

Version 7.9.10 (70910002)
    1Password Store

• Hey @alanshutko,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I'd like to file an issue with our development team to look into the behaviour on this particular website. Could you possibly send over some page details for me? Here's how:

1. Navigate to the page with the filling issue.
    2. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar.
    3. Click Help and choose Collect Page Structure.
    4. 1Password will save a .json file to your "Downloads" folder.
    5. Attach the downloaded .json file to an email addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

Thank you in advance!

• alanshutko
    alanshutko
    Community Member
    Options

I did that, but got a response from support that "for security reasons we are unable to open external URL links". Should I print this thread to a PDF?

HDQ-55129-677

• Dave_1P
    Options

@alanshutko

Thank you for posting the Support ID. I've moved the ticket to the appropriate team and one of my colleagues will send you another email as soon as possible. There's no need to send in anything else for now.

-Dave

ref: HDQ-55129-677

This discussion has been closed.