The Update Password dialog covers the page, and is not movable. How can I see the page?

Options

When updating passwords, sometimes the proposed password is unacceptable, but since the Update Password dialog covers the important bits of the page, I'm unable to confirm whether I should update the password.

I find myself doing Copy/Paste on the side so that I can manually fix/adjust things. If the Update Password dialog was movable, that would fix the problem.

Is there a better way to handle this?

1Password Version: 8.10.1
Extension Version: 2.8.0
OS Version: Ubuntu 20.05
Browser:_ Chromium
Referrer: forum-search:popup covers

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @andyvan! I'm afraid that there isn't a way to move the Save/Update Password dialog. However, I can see why that would be an overall helpful function. I'm happy to share your feedback about that with our developers for consideration.

That said, 1Password does provide different workflows that make the update password process smoother. One workflow is to select the suggested password, update it in 1Password, and then fill it on the website. If the website then tells you that the suggested password does not meet its requirements, you can generate a new password and update your login again. 1Password asks for you to save/update before submitting the form to the website, so you will always get the chance to make changes before moving on. Additionally, if you need to go back to your old password, you can open up the login item's history in order to do that: https://support.1password.com/item-history/

The other workflow is to not use the suggested password and to generate a custom password via 1Password's password generator. You can access the password generator through the extension icon in your browser's toolbar. Here's how to find and use it: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-browser/#create-a-custom-password

I hope those can help you out. If you have any other questions, please let us know.

PB: 31621741

This discussion has been closed.