Feature Request: Ability to make Vaults visible but not accessible to rest of team

Options

In our company we have many Vaults for different Projects that only people working on the project and admins have access to, for obvious reasons.
Many of our old, inactive projects don't have Vaults, because we adopted 1PW more recently.

When one of those old projects needs to be worked on after all, or when a team member gets called in for support, it would be really helpful if there was an option for them to see if a Vault exists, without them having access to its contents, so that they may request access or create it.

1Password Version: 8.10.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• ag_max
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hi @ZainlessBrombie,

Thanks for taking the time to share your request and feedback. I understand that you'd like your team members to be able to view a list of vaults in your 1Password account, without the ability to access the contents, so that they could request access and alert a vault manager or administrator if one exists, is that correct?

I'll be happy to share this with the appropriate team for consideration. If you have any additional information, such as how you'd like this information displayed to your team members, I'll be happy to share that as well.

ref: pb-33126955

• ZainlessBrombie
    ZainlessBrombie
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

yes exactly.
    Most conveniently, it would just be listed among the other vaults, but marked as inaccessible.

• ag_max
    Options

@ZainlessBrombie,

Excellent, thanks for confirming. I'll go ahead and pass this on to the appropriate team - thanks again for sharing this.

This discussion has been closed.