How can I know that my team is using a strong master password?

Options

I want to see a report of everyone in my company (I'm the CIO/Admin) to verify they used a strong master password. Or, conversely, what are the requirements the 1password enforces when choosing an account password, and can they be altered, made stricter?

(We are on a Teams account)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How can I know that my team is using a strong master password?

Comments

• ag_max
    Options

Hi @nathanphillips,

1Password offers a number of reports that can check your team and gain insights. For this specific use case of viewing your team's password strength, this isn't currently possible. I'll be happy to pass this on as feedback to the rest of the team for consideration.

Or, conversely, what are the requirements the 1password enforces when choosing an account password, and can they be altered, made stricter?

Account passwords must be at least 10 characters long. Additionally, when a user tries to set or change their account password, our service checks a list of the most commonly used passwords, and prevents those from being used.

To your question, with 1Password Business, it is possible to enforce stronger requirements for account passwords through policy. These rules are enforced when new users are invited to the team and existing team members change their account password or go through account recovery. This functionality is not currently available in 1Password Teams, so you would need to individually contact your team members and inquire about the strength of their account password through other means.

Enforce 1Password account password requirements in 1Password Business

This discussion has been closed.