App-based LastPass import does not preserve folders as tags

I'm planning a LastPass to 1Password migration for an organization that makes fairly extensive use of folders and sub-folders in LastPass. Doing some tests I noticed that one nice feature of the CSV-file based import is that LastPass folders get converted to tags and subtags in 1Password. On the other hand if I import with the app, everything is just tagged "LastPass".

The app-based import is preferable for other reasons, but we don't want to lose our folders, so it would be nice to have the best of both worlds and keep folder names as tags like the CSV import does.

1Password Version: 8.10.3 beta
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Linux
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• ag_max
    edited March 2023

Hi @LieutenantLefse, welcome to the 1Password Support Community. 👋

You're correct that the LastPass importer in 1Password 8 does not convert folders to tags. This functionality is only available when you use the 1Password.com importer. The importer within the app will instead create vaults based on the folders. From there, you can select the contents of each specific vault and assign a tag.

If your setup is complex and you'd like to discuss your migration and onboarding options or the best route forward for your team, I recommend contacting our business team through email. You can contact them at business@1password.com. They may have more insight and can work with you more closely. So that we can 'connect the dots,' feel free to include a link to this thread with your email message:

This discussion has been closed.