To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Strange new sign-in notifications

Options
iwaddo
iwaddo
Community Member
edited May 2023 in Memberships

This question can go into multiple categories so please move if there is a better one.

Twice in the last 72-hours I've received a New Sign-In notification that seems to coincide to my activity but does not directly tie-in to my IP addresses. I did change my password after the first one.

Currently My Profile shows six trusted Devices and Browsers, this feels right, three devices with a Safari browser each.

However, I am struggling to always match the IP address and the iOS, macOS versions, there does seem to be any sense or logic to it. I'm running iOS 16 on my iPad and iPhone but My Profile shows 15.6 and 15.6.1. My Mac is running 13.2.1 whereas My Profile says 12.3.0.

I am reasonably confident there is not a security issue but finding it difficult to relax and trust the data when it appears so far off.

The only comfort is the last access dates do match and change as I use each device.

Thank you for any help or guidance.

1Password Version: 8.10.3
Extension Version: 2.8.0
OS Version: 13.2.1
Browser:_ Safari 16.3
Referrer: forum-search:New sign-in

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2023
    Options

@iwaddo

Do you clear your browser history? If so, this is likely the culprit. Do you use iCloud Private relay? This can also sometimes play a factor. That said, our security team is always ready to assist you. Please email us using support+forum@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question. This is for your privacy. We cannot access account details here in the community. We're ready to help if you like.

You could optionally deauthorize the device from within 1Password.com. Once you link the device again it should pick up the correct details. I've just checked my personal account and my OS version is reported correctly. I do login in and out of the apps multiple times while troubleshooting. This is likely why mine are shown correctly.

• The only real hiccup I know of here is you may see browser logins reported as macOS 10.15.7 for example. This is due to a decision that browser manufacturers made in how they report the version number. Browsers broadcast something called a UserAgent which tells websites certain information about your Mac. Certain browsers have decided to limit their UserAgent to declare that all users of that browser are running macOS 10.15.7 regardless of which macOS version they're actually running.

--

If you decide to go the unlink and relink route please take the following precautions.

• Make sure all of your data is available on https://my.1password.com and ensure you have a copy of your 🚒 Emergency Kit along with your password.

Double-check that all data is present on 1Password.com. If you've been offline and you've made changes you could lose data if it is not on 1Password.com. We do not want any data loss.

• iwaddo
    iwaddo
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy Yes, I clear my browser history occasionally and yes, I use iCloud Private Relay.

I do not actually think I have an issue, I'm satisfied that the three devices and three browsers are mine, despite the OS descriptions being a little odd. As a test, I've just installed 1P on a Mac running 10.15.7 and it was immediately added to my profile, the IP address was correct.

I will log a ticket if I further concerns or questions.

Thank you for your help

• Sounds good my friend. We'll be here if you need us. Have a great weekend.

• jmb679
    jmb679
    Community Member
    Options

I also have noticed this with 1Password for Mac and iOS.

• Hi @jmb679,

If you have any concerns or want us to look into this further - to avoid sharing your account information here, can you send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

• jmb679
    jmb679
    Community Member
    Options

Sent an email, thanks.

• @jmb679,
    Not a problem, we're happy to take a look!

This discussion has been closed.