Right-click to lock before I can load a password?

Hi, I just downloaded 1Password tonight. I'm using Firefox (the latest version), and I had no trouble migrating over my passwords. I'm getting a bit confused with regard to how to use it, however. In order to log in and use the browser extension (not the website), I have to right-click to lock 1Password, then use my master password to unlock it. This allows me to see the manager, whereas if I don't lock it beforehand, the manager just loads indefinitely. This seems a bit inefficient. Is this a built-in feature, or am I doing something wrong?

1Password Version: 2.6.0
Extension Version: 2.6.0
OS Version: Windows 10x64
Browser:_ Firefox

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Starfall, that doesn't sound right at all. After unlocking the extension with your Account Password, you should be able to start using it.

Could you let us know if you use the 1Password desktop app on your computer? It's okay not to have it. However, if you're not using the app, then please update the extension settings so that 1Password in the browser does not look for the app to connect with it. Here's how to do that:

1. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    2. Under General, disable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    3. Under Accounts & Vaults, sign out of your account.
    4. Sign back in.

Let us know how things go with that. Talk to you again soon!

• Starfall
    Starfall
    Community Member

Hello,

It appears to have corrected itself! Not sure what I did before. Thanks for the help!

• Thanks for the update @Starfall, let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

This discussion has been closed.