Want to protect parent account from kids on shared device but still share passwords

Options
m111n
m111n
Community Member

On some unshared devices, like my personal or work laptop, I save my the 1password master password, and I like not having to enter my password to use it.

However, I share 1password with the family. The kids computer chrome uses multiple profiles. One of those profiles is mine, and one is the kids.

When I login to my chrome profile, and use 1 password, it becomes shared with the rest of the accounts in the system, regardless of the chrome profiles. Meaning, if access 1password from my kids profile, I see suggestions from my profile.

I could log out of my profile manually, but I would like to set up per-device controls. Meaning. On my personal devices, I want to save my login. But on my kids devices, I want to be auto-logged off, and have to enter the 1password each time the computer starts (for my account only - the kids account should remain auto-logged in on their devices)

Does that make sense?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @m111n,

We will be happy to help you with this - to avoid sharing your account information here, can you send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

This discussion has been closed.