Browser Extension Not Working When Using Browser App

mcewanbr
mcewanbr
Community Member
edited March 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Chrome based browsers allow you to open SaaS sites as an app. When I use this option with nadex.com, the 1P browser extension mostly doesn't work. It will not show me the 1P icon in the credential field and it will not present credentials.

Very rarely does it actually allow me to select my credentials and it will populate it.

It does work when I visit the site through regular browser usage.

I am logged into 1P. Refreshing the app window doesn't help.

Please advise.

Brenden

1Password Version: 8.10.3
Extension Version: 2.8.1
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ Brave 1.49.120

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mcewanbr, thanks for reaching out.

Chrome based browsers allow you to open SaaS sites as an app. When I use this option with nadex.com, the 1P browser extension mostly doesn't work.

Could you let us know what steps you're taking to open the nadex.com website as an app in your browser? Do you only have issues on this website when opening it as an app in your browser or do you see issues with other websites?

Please let us know, and we'll be happy to help further.

• mcewanbr
    mcewanbr
    Community Member

When using regular browser functionality, I just go to nadex.com and click the login button and login thereafter.

When at the login page, you can click the Install Nadex button to the right of the URL in the address bar and create and app shortcut for it.

This is the only site I've used the app functionality with.

• Thanks for getting back to us @mcewanbr, I followed the steps and I was able to get 1Password to fill the fields. Can you let me know the website URL you have saved within your Nadex item?

It's also interesting that you say it mostly doesn't work. When it does work do you recall if this is when you access it a certain way or when you first open it?

Any information would be useful, I look forward to hearing from you.

This discussion has been closed.