To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Migrate from Koingo Data Guardian 7 to 1Password

Options
Frateres
Frateres
Community Member
edited March 2023 in Memberships

Today I've received an email form Koingo Software "WARNING: Koingo Ceasing Operations".
I'm a long time user of Data Guardian but after these warning I'm considering to migrate to 1Password.
The version 7 of Data Guardian can export file in ".1pif format". I've downlod the trial version of 1Password and try to migrate a simple DB created by Data Guardian but I can't find the appropriate import procedure. Only CSV import seems to work but with more that 500 entries becomes a nightmare!
Can you recommend a different way to import all the entries present in my DB while keeping the original formatting as much as possible?
Thanks in advance

Edward

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited March 2023
    Options

@Frateres / Edward,

First and foremost, given their dire warning:

be sure to export your data immediately so that you have a backup. I would run, not walk, away from their password manager as fast as possible. And why would anyone donate !?

If they export a valid 1PIF, you can use 1Password 7 to import. But it seems odd to me they would bother exporting as 1PIF - import yes, but export... why? I cannot imagine they spent much time verifying that their 1PIF imports into 1Password with high-fidelity and reliably.

Export your data as both CSV and 1PIF (if they do indeed support 1PIF). This may give you options.

The dataguardian converter in my converter suite supports going back to Data Guardian version 3.2, but I have not checked more recent versions in a while, so I'm unsure what their version 7 CSV export file looks like.

Nonetheless, I may be able to help you make progress...

Which platform are you using - Windows or macOS ?

This discussion has been closed.