Why Was Password Length Moved & Hidden???

When using a browser, why was the password length option moved exclusively to the browser extension icon, and hidden behind "Random Password", taking many more clicks than it used to?

Previously, in 1Password 7, I could do this all within the main browser window, or user cmd+/ and bring up the interface. Now this is even hard to find in the main application interface as well.

I would like to make an official feature request to move password editing back into the dialog area.

I do not understand why 1Password wants us to take so many more steps to do simple tasks. Overall, 1Password 8 has been a huge step down from 1Password 7. This seems to be a disturbing trend in UX in general, where everything gets hidden and buried.

1Password Version: 8.10.3
Extension Version: 2.5.2
OS Version: macOS 11.6.8
Browser:_ Chrome, Opera, Brave

Comments

• Hey @bduffy,

The default setting is for 1Password to suggest 'Smart Passwords' this means that 1Password will try to suggest a password that meets the requirements of the website you are on meaning you won't need to access the Password Generator as frequently.

I do, however, agree that it would be nice to be able to access this from either the inline menu or when you right click from the context menu so I have filed a request with our product team and have added your feedback.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know ways in which we can improve 1Password, have a great week!

ref: PB31777291

• bduffy
    bduffy
    Community Member

Hey @steph.giles.

Thank you so much for your response, I really appreciate the explanation and forwarding this to the team.

Have a great week as well! :)

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@bduffy on behalf of Steph, you are welcome!

This discussion has been closed.